Booroongen Djugun Limited (BDL) is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation based in the beautiful Mid-North Coast of NSW. We operate a Residential Care Facility, Community Care Service and Registered Training Organisation College.
We have a key role now available, which creates an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our leadership team, in this permanent full-time role based in Kempsey, NSW.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, and as a strategic and collaborative member of the BDL leadership team, the Executive Manager, Residential Care is responsible for setting strategy and direction for the delivery of quality services, and providing capable leadership and change management.
• Oversight and leadership of clinical practice, fostering a values based culture that prioritises safety and consistency in practice.
• Ensuring the highest possible quality person-centred residential care and services are provided
• Coordinating continuous improvement systems and reporting to ensure compliance with State & Federal regulations, contractual obligations, Aged Care Quality Standards
• Overseeing all mandatory reporting, serious incident investigation and management
• Monitoring and control of budgets and the maintenance of facility and equipment.
• Driving accountability across the team and providing strong leadership, coaching and development to engage, and motivate a high-performance team.
• Achieving AN-ACC target levels each month with timely claims for individual resident funding.
• Working collaboratively across the organisation, sharing knowledge and experience
• Ensuring clinical care is compliant with governance requirements, risk management, including incident reporting policy and procedures
You will have proven experience within the residential aged care sector and hold a current registration with AHPRA, as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Health Worker. You may identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and have knowledge of local Aboriginal community networks and organisations in the Kempsey NSW LGA.
You will be dedicated to excellence in delivery of care and a commitment to person centred care. You will have demonstrated ability to structure and prioritise workload to meet demands and timelines.
Ideally you will have at a minimum, 5 + years of experience at a senior management level in the aged care industry, with a detailed knowledge of relevant legislation, standards, accreditation framework and policies.
You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and customer skills, with capability and experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team, driving resident and staff engagement.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have well-developed financial, human and asset management skills.
All applicants are required to undergo a NDIS Workers Screening Check. As a Residential Care Facility, Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 vaccination (including booster/third dose) is mandatory for all staff who work onsite.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes NFP salary packaging, a vehicle, relocation expenses up to $5000 (if required) and a highly supportive workplace culture with a genuine focus on continuous improvement. The current incumbent will provide an extensive handover to the successful candidate to enable a smooth transition.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your current CV with a cover letter summarising your skills and experience to email@example.com
If you would like a confidential discussion about the organisation or role, contact Gary Morris OAM, Chief Executive Officer, Booroongen Djugun Limited on (02) 65602070.