Fulltime, Part Time and Casual opportunities
Booroongen Djugun specialises in providing Community Care and Residential Care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders in the Kempsey area, offering a space to access culturally-informed care. We’re also a Registered Training Organisation, offering vocational education and training to staff and community members looking to broaden their horizons and enter the workforce.
The space itself was designed with the totems of fire, water, earth, and sun in mind, in order to support the strong ties to traditional life that many clients of Booroongen Djugun hold.
We encourage and support all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply for positions at Booroongen Djugun.
About the Role
We are currently seeking compassionate and reliable Nursing Assistants to provide care and support services to our 60 Residential Care Facility. In this role you will:
- Perform delegated care activities in accordance with residents’ plans of care and Booroongen Djugun Aged Care Facility’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to on-going care planning by reporting any variations in residents’ abilities and/or conditions for clinical review.
- Document all patient responses to direct care/assistance provided, include in progress notes and care records in accordance with the plan of care and organisational protocols.
- Observe, identify and report to registered nurse/supervisor any variations in residents’ abilities and/or conditions.
- Accept direction and seek assistance from a registered nurse/supervisor to fulfil role requirements.
- Change and make up occupied and unoccupied beds.
- Promote and maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
To succeed in this role you be will have:
- Experience working within the aged care (desirable)
- Have completed (or close to completing) a Certificate III in Individual Support (or similar).
- Understanding of the Aged Care Standards and NDIS Quality Standards and the application of these standards in a residential care environment
- Have a genuine interest in and respect for the unique personality, history, and values of our residents
- Influenza and COVID-19 vaccination (or exemption)
- NDIS Worker Screening clearance
Benefits of working at Booroongen Djugun
- Above award wages and employment conditions
- Salary Packaging options
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Variety of shifts available
- AM Shifts (6am – 2.30pm)
- PM Shifts (2.15pm – 10.15pm)
- Night Shifts (10pm – 6am)
Interested in joining Booroongen Djugun
If you have the skills, experience, and commitment to make a difference and provide quality care to our residents email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org