Booroongen Djugun Ltd. offers a range of community based services including Compacks, Commonwealth Home Support Packages (CHSP), Home Care Packages (HCP), National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Sector Support and Development (SSDO) and Service Delivery. Please scroll down for more information.
To be eligible referrals have to be completed by the discharge planners before being discharged from a public hospital-forwarded to Community Options Australia (Sydney).
Compacks is a case-managed service that when discharged from hospital includes a brokerage pack age of care up to 6 weeks after discharge from hospital. This service is for people who need two or community services to ensure that they can return home safely with the appropriate care in place.
We plan and coordinate a package of care to suit each of our clients individualised needs.
Before Compacks finishes, the case manager links clients to any necessary on going services and/or arranges placement on waiting lists.
Commonwealth Home Support Packages (CHSP)
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is a Government initiative subsidising in home or Centre based care services to seniors needing low level assistance to remain living independently in their own home.
To be eligible for this program, you must be aged: 65 or over (50 or over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), or 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.
For further information on The Commonwealth Home Support Programme please contact our Office.
Commonwealth Home Care Packages (HCP)
There are four levels of support:
- Home Care Level 1 – basic care needs
- Home Care Level 2 – low level care needs
- Home Care Level 3 – intermediate care needs
- Home Care Level 4 – high care needs
The Home Care Packages Program helps older Australians with complex care needs to live independently in their own homes.
During the assessment process each individual’s priority for care is also determined.
Individuals approved for a home care package are placed on a national queue until a package becomes available and is assigned to them.
Home care package recipients are not limited to a basic list of services.
The Australian Government provides a subsidy to an approved provider of home care to coordinate a package of care, services and case management to meet the individual needs of older Australians.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Our NDIS Team specialise in providing a culturally safe service.
Coordination of Supports:
Our Support Coordinators will assist you to:
- Understand how you can use your NDIS Plan to meet your goals.
- Work with you and other people in your circle of support (family, friends, services providers and therapists).
- Assist you to access and learn the NDIS Portal.
- Monitor the progress and outcomes of achieving your goals.
- Assist you to prepare for your next NDIS Review.
- Assist you to source and connect with Service Providers of your choice.
Our Plan Management can offer:
- Choice and control over the providers you use.
- Pay your providers for the supports you use.
- Assist you to keep track of your funds.
- Take care of the financial reporting for you.
Sector Support and Development (SSDO)
Engage with CHSP providers to create opportunities of service provision to local Aboriginal Elders, Carers and Community.
Facilitate community engagement with Elders and community as part of the My Aged Care process.
Research and attend Networking events with the needs of the Mid North Coast CHSP services.
Develop initiatives to help build constructive relations between CHSP provider and community.
Provide cultural safety training for CHSP providers.
SSDO Coordinator Provides 1:1 support to both Aboriginal and Non Aboriginal CHSP Services providers to be effective leaders within the Aged Care industry.
- Service Delivery provides individualised Services in consultation with clients needs and care plan goals.
- Assist you to maintain and improve your daily living and community participation.
- We deliver services to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Non Aboriginal; Anyone who has a Home Care package.
- Our Service Delivery Care Coordinator will work with you to plan your services to meet your individual goals and needs to assist you to remain living independently within your own Home and Community.
- Group Activities
- Arts and Crafts
- Social Outings
- Meal Services
- Group Visits to other places within the region
- Advice on services provided by Booroongen Djugun Limited
- Referral and Advocacy
- Access to community activities