Previous slide
Next slide


College Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Some frequently asked questions about the course are set out below, however, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call the College on Freecall 1800 630 230.

Contact the College by phone, email or in person to arrange for an Enrolment Form supplied to you. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander you must also send us a certified copy of your Confirmation of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander which has the seal of an Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander organisation.

After receipt of your completed Enrolment Form and any other relevant documents, you will receive a Training Plan which shows the units to be completed and the dates for completion.

A list of units of the course is included in the Training Plan.

A USI is your individual education number for life – you only need to create it once. It also gives you an online record of your VET training undertaken in Australia.
If you are enrolled in nationally recognised training, you need a USI. Without one, you can’t get Commonwealth financial assistance or your qualification or statement of attainment. Read More

If you are enrolling in aged care or a health qualification, you are advised to have a Federal Police Check completed prior to your enrolment. Legislation requires you to have this clearance if you wish to work with aged people. If you are thinking of enrolling in a child care unit as part of your health course, you will also need to have a ‘Working with Children’s Check’ completed prior to enrolment.

There are learner’s guides for each course type. Each guide (unit) contains assessment tasks for you to complete. The units contain readings and activities, and your assessments tasks for that unit. You will need to complete all assessments of the unit for you to gain a qualification.

When your assessments have been marked, we record your results in your student file and return the marked assessment to you.

During the course you may also need to complete a work experience program. You will need to think about where you will be doing your work experience, and organise the placement early in the course.

At the organisation where you do your work experience, you will be asked to demonstrate the industry skills required for each unit of competency (industry skill).

A Workplace Assessor will assess if you are competent in each of the industry skills requiring assessment. More information on work experience can be obtained by talking to College staff.

Yes, you will still need to be assessed and have your industry skills signed off as competent if the course you are enrolled in requires on-the-job assessment/s.

You will need to give the College copies of any certificates or transcripts that provide evidence of what subjects you have completed. The copy you give to the College must be signed by a Justice of the Peace to say that they have sighted the original document/s.

Your skills must be current, that is, you must be currently working in that industry. You must also provide evidence that your skills have been upgraded, if the qualification you have has been revised to meet new industry standards.

You must also complete a Recognition application form and post this to the College with attached evidence of competence for each performance criteria.

You will receive a full accredited certificate if all required units are completed, or a Statement of Attainment listing units completed if you do not qualify for a full certificate.

The course is approved for both Abstudy and Austudy. If you wish to apply, you will need a letter confirming your enrolment in the course at this College. If you enrol but do not start the course, or if you drop out of the course before you have completed the full course of study, Abstudy / Austudy must be notified by the College. When you have completed the application form, Centrelink will assess your eligibility for Abstudy or Austudy assistance.

College staff are available for tutoring and mentoring. Students should phone 6560 2000, our 1800 630 230 free call number or email to talk to staff.

The Census date is the most important date for a student to know about. The Census Date is the last day you can:

  1. Complete the eCAF application to access a VET Student Loan (VETSL)
  2. Withdraw your enrolment without incurring the cost or debt for your course

NB: the census date can vary between individual courses

Every part of course (unit or subject) has its own census date, so a student will incur their debt as they progress through the course, not the entire course cost at the beginning.


What happens if I withdraw on or before the census date?

If you correctly withdraw from any unit on or before the census date, you will not incur a debt for that part of your course. If you have already made an upfront payment of your tuition fees, you will receive a refund. For further information please contact the College.

What happens if I withdraw after the census date?

Fail the unit or withdraw incorrectly after the census date and you will incur a HELP debt to the Australian Government.


If after the census date, special circumstances occur and you are unable to continue your studies, you can apply to have your HELP balance re-credited and your VETSL Student Loan debt removed for that unit(s).

Please refer to V10 Refund Policy for the purposes of the STUDENT LOANS for further information.


For more information on VET Student Loans visit  or

RTO ID 6673

Contact Us

Booroongen Djugun Limited acknowledges the Traditional Owners, the Dunghutti Nation, on whose land we meet, share, live and work. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging and extend our respect to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples from all Nations of this land.

WARNING: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples should be aware that this website may contain images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, film, audio recordings or text.